…I may or may not have teared up a bit reading this ;)
I needed this kind of inspiration today. :)
Reblog if you are the Queen of Suburbia
We arrived in the italian capital city of rome. There was an american girl travelling with us called Julie. We discoverd Julie was almost completely blind.Our trip manager jokingly said he had forgotten the way back to the hotel and did anyone know how to get there? None of us did. But then Julie piped up ‘I can do it’. We all thought she was joking too but she said ‘no, seriously, I can take us all back’. So we turned and filed behind her. She led us to the maze of winding streets. Someone asked ‘How’re you doing this? How can you possibly remember the way we came?’ - ‘I just know. Feel how beautiful and cool the air is. We’re by the fountain, that’s where we turned left. ‘I’m smelling freshly baked bread, she said. We turned right by this bakery and this is the café we passed by. I recognized the sound of that coffee machine. Trust me.’ And sure enough with every turn, the things we hadn’t focused on before revealed themselfs like hidden gems. Did we make it back to the hotel? We did, actually! Right to the front door. What struck me was, how Julie made us all see the city through her eyes. - Natalie Dormer (x)
petition to have That’s So Raven added to Netflix
All college students can relate
"You have this one life. How do you wanna spend it? Apologizing? Regretting? Questioning? Hating yourself? Dieting? Running after people who don’t see you? Be brave. Believe in yourself. Do what feels good. Take risks. You have this one life. Make yourself proud."
this should be the most reblogged post on tumblr before it dies
We need to reblog this so much that the post breaks
Reblogging so hard.
what real mens activists look like (see more here)
Just so you know, I love all of you.
I need feminism because I’m still charged 5% tax on sanitary products because they’re classed as ‘non-essential’ by the government.
What the heck.
Solve this by bleeding on everything they love.
*AGGRESSIVELY PROJECTILE BLEEDING AT POLITICIANS* ARE YOU FEELING IT NOW, MR. POLITICIAN?
How to feel better about yourself:
1. Sleep without underwear every once and a while, it’s good for you. Maybe even try sleeping naked.
2. Take long baths with tea, ice cream, or whatever you please. Throw in bubbles if that’s your style.
3. Look at yourself like you look at your best friend. Find the freckles you love, what your eyes look best with, what hairstyle compliments your smile.
4. When you look at your naked body in the mirror, only think good things. Say compliments to yourself aloud. Watch yourself smile, and encourage yourself.
5. Take yourself out on a date. Treat yourself to the things you love. You’re alone yes, but there is nothing wrong with that. Remember all the times you were smothered by people and talking crowds, and you only wanted to be alone with yourself.
6. Write yourself a love note. Tell yourself your favorite things about you, and tell yourself all the things you want to become. Tell yourself you’ll love you forever.
7. Take pictures of yourself. Selfies are magnificent! Take 500! Take them everywhere! Find the good lighting! Pick your favorite one and realize what a wonderful work of art you are.
8. Acknowledge your accomplishments, all of them. Got out of bed? It’s hard sometimes and it’s been hard before, so honestly great job. Drink lots of water, and at the end of the day congratulate yourself for staying hydrated. Let yourself know when you are proud, and soak up the feeling of “well done”."